Editor: E. Masferer Dodas – Updated on 18/05/2021
LEGOS is a laboratory nationally and internationally recognized in all its scientific fields. This recognition is based on:
- the quality of its scientific publications, most of which are co-publications with foreign partners,
- the expertise and leading role of LEGOS in the collection, processing and distribution of earth observation data from space missions, oceanographic cruises and in situ observatories,
- the active participation and leadership of international masters and laboratories abroad (for more information about the international maters see page Education),
- the involvement of LEGOS members in international research programmes and the hosting of the international office of the GEOTRACES programme.
- the development of reinforced cooperation with several universities and laboratories in developing countries with laboratory staff temporarily expatriated.